Where is our Website? http://www.wpraaca.com or just plain wpraaca.com . Type this into the “Address / Search” bar at the top of your browser page. Address is always case insensitive
Bookmark the address and never type it in again.
a. Edge / Explorer browser: Click on the star -> Chose ‘Favorites’ => Favorites Bar
b. Google Chrome browser: Click on the star => Select Bookmarks bar => Click on ‘Done’
Explore the Home Page – announcements, Google Calendar, etc. Blue text means links
Explore the Drop-Down Menus: Home/About/Calendar/Newsletter/Galleries/Links/For Sale/Contact Us/Members/Blog. Click on everything to see what is there.
Send a link to someone: Use the SHARE arrow OR right click address to highlight / Copy / enter Mail , Paste and Send
How to make a Comment on a Blog entry: Click on “Comments” button in blue. May indicate some number or zero. OR Click on title of blog and comment box will appear at end of text.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Q. How do I renew my national and local dues?
A. Members => Applications . Everything you need to know is in the gray box. The WPRAACA button is for new members or for renewals. There are 3 ways to renew national membership. Please do not give national dues ($40/yr) to Dave. Dave gets local dues ($15).
Q. How do I find the telephone number or address of a fellow member?
A. Members =>Members List=>Login (password)=>Click on photo
Q. How do I contact the webmaster?
A. Contact Us=>Complete the form and click on “Submit”
Q. How do I see photos of a recent event?
A. Galleries=>Trips, Shows & Parties …. Click on the event you are interested in
Q. How do I find dates for upcoming local and regional events?
A. Links=>Shows, Cruises, & Clubs . Links to other sites by brown buttons. Shows and cruises listed below by month. Or click on the Calendar menu or check the Google Calendar.
Q. How do I write my own blog?
A. Type it up on a computer or write it on paper and deliver or email to Ken. Print or digital photos accepted. Indicate public or members only blog.
Automotive Resources on the Internet
Bob’s Automobilia :
Retro Radio Restoration :
Lang’s Old Car Parts
Audrain Auto Museum:
Saratoga Auto Museum:
Newport Car Museum :
Owls Head Transportation Museum:
Heritage Museums and Gardens
Second Chance Garage
WPRAACA in the News
Fossil Cars Blog
Literature, Audio and Photo Research Sources:
The Internet Archive
· The Shadow
· Duffy’s Tavern
· Two Ford Freedom
Old Car Manual Project
Vintage Photos on Flickr:
· Steve Given
· ’41 Buick Gallery: Ken Carr
· Dave Gelinas
Antique Car Dealers
Dick Shappy Classic Cars Providence, RI
Soucy Cars, Cumberland, RI
Classics on Autotrader, all of USA
F40 Motorsports, Portland, CT
Goldenrod Garage, Freeport, ME
CTC Auto Ranch, N. Denton, TX
Riviera Imports, Fort Wayne, IN
Laferriere Classics, Smithfield, RI
YouTube Video Channels
Cold War Motors: 1957 Studebaker Champion
What can we do with a Digital Projector?
· Make a PowerPoint Presentation – example “Automotive History” presentation we made to Westerly Historical Assoc.
· Show a Movie – example “Christine: opening sequence”
· Show a Slide Show of an Event – A Calabrese Cook Out or Hershey 2017 video
· Display a PDF document such as an original car manual or brochure or paint chip page, etc. –
Examples: 1942 Buick Shop Manual
· Have a Popcorn and Vintage Commercials Night
Montage of ‘50’s and ‘60’s New Cars
Classic Car Commercials
· Club-Produced How-To Videos
How to Remove Emergency Brake Cable
How to Restore a Cracked Steering Wheel
· Backdrop for an Event
Club Members SUBMIT !!
- Submit notices of upcoming events
- Tell us about print or web articles of local interest
- Submit old family photos or slides that feature people and automobiles
- Participate by commenting on web posts
- Take digital photos at events and submit
- Make a photo history of you next car repair and write a narration; great blog material
- Make a movie of a restoration or repair project
- Submit one great photo of each of your old cars
Some Sample Photos of old cars either I or family members once owned. Click on photos for enlarged view and captions.